We pieced together a straightforward kit from high performance parts. This kit has everything required to get your water cooled LED grow light up and running in no time!
- 1 – 480mm Radiator / Heat Exchanger
- 4 – 120mm high CFM
- 25’ – 1/4 inch ID PVC tubing
- 1 – 12V Brushless water pump (high quality)
- 2 – Variable 0-12V power supplies (adjust the speed of fans and pump separately)
- 1 – Water reservoir with special in / out pressure relief valves
- Various plastic / metal fittings to connect all PVC tubing (dependent on QTY of LED lights purchased)
- This kit will cool FOUR 300watt LED lights daisy chained together – with the fans running at approximately 60-75% of their capacity. 5-6 Lights can potentially be run on this system (dependent on ambient air temps), however, the fans will be required to be run at 100% speed and will be considerably louder.
- The kit uses adjustable 0-12V power supplies to control both fan speed and pump speed independently. We found this was more economical and simply worked better then trying to use PWM controllers. (Less parts is better!)
- All fittings are designed to be extremely tight and NO HOSE CLAMPS ARE REQUIRED (for 12V pump setups) because of this.
- 24V pump systems require hose clamps on all connections due to increased line pressure.
– Measure your grow area and the path of the water lines to determine the potential PVC tubing requirements. 25 Feet is typically enough for a single-double grow light in a 2X2 or 3X3 grow area.
– Heat a glass of water up and dip the ends to make the PVC tubing easier to apply onto fittings.
– We recommend having the WATER PUMP and RESERVOIR on top of the grow box or elevated in the grow area – to reduce power consumption and increase pumping capacity.
– We recommend having the RADIATOR near the ground – where the ambient temperature is typically a few degrees cooler.
– If you are going for a truly SILENT system, purchase additional RADIATORS + FANS to minimize fan noise. The more radiator surface area – the less CFM of air that needs to be passed for cooling. A dual/triple radiator setup with 4 lights is almost totally silent.
– Purchase a second water pump for a backup in case of a random/accidental failure. While we have never had a pump fail, if one did fail, your lighting schedule could be badly affected while scrambling to find another replacement locally. $20 is cheap investment to ensure your lights never go off!
** We are constantly refining and upgrading parts to work better. Your kit may come with more or less parts depending on your application or lights purchased.